Mental illness, terrorism and grievance-fuelled violence: understanding the nexus
When: Tuesday, 18th February 2020
What Time: 7:15 pm - 8:30 pm Sydney Time (AEDT) - click here for time zone information
Where: Online - join via your computer, tablet or phone
Participants will be required to read a short vignette/case study about Andy upon which the webinar panel discussion will be based.
Through a facilitated panel discussion, about Andy, at the completion of the webinar participants will:
- Understand the non-causal link between mental illness and extremist ideology.
- Identify potential for grievance-fuelled violence and the indicators of radicalisation to violent extremism, particularly where people are exposed to extreme and abhorrent material online.
- Have an awareness of the referral pathways and take appropriate steps if they are concerned that a patient may be radicalising to violence or on a pathway to grievance-fuelled violence.
Before the webinar:
- Learn more about the panellists and facilitator here
- Read the vignette on which the panel discussion will be based
+ For MHPN to register your participation with the RACGP, please provide your RACGP number.
# For MHPN to register your participation with ACRRM, please provide your ACRRM number.