Already registered? Login below:
About This Webinar
The seventh Embracing Change webinar focuses on Worker Screening and Worker Requirements for NDIS providers. This webinar is formulated in two parts. In the first part you will learn about worker screening and worker requirements relative to NDIS psychosocial disability workers. In the second half you will hear from a NDIS service provider about their Human Resources and Professional Development systems which give effect to these requirements.
This Webinar is designed to guide you through practical examples that will assist in preparing your desktop audit, self-assessment and onsite audits. You will also have opportunities to ask questions to the panel via our Moderator throughout the webinar.
- Fran Cole, Director of Policy and Strategy, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission will speak about worker screening requirements for NDIS service providers including the NDIS Worker Screening Check commencing on 1 February 2021.
- Laura Dorahy, National Director for Complaints and Reportable Incidents, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission will set out the practice behaviours and expectations of workers under the NDIS Code of Conduct and the Incident Management and Complaints Management NDIS Practice Standards; and
- Kimberley Hibbert, National Manager Strategy and Workforce Development, Me Well (Mental Health and Wellbeing, Australia) will discuss how Me Well’s is implementing these requirements in their Human Resources and Professional Development systems.
Who should attend this webinar?
This webinar is designed to assist two groups of service providers:
- Psychosocial disability service providers registering or re-registering as a registered NDIS provider with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission; and
- Community services and NDIS service providers currently not delivering services to people with psychosocial disability.
Missed the live stream or want to re-watch one? That’s ok! All of our webinars are available for you to watch on-demand when it suits you.
If you have already registered for the webinar, enter your registered email at the top of the page and click the blue ‘join’ button and follow the prompts. This will open up a new window with a recording of the webinar.
If you have not previously registered for the specific webinar, fill out the form on this page to register. Once you have registered, you can enter the same email address that you used register into the login at the top of the page (under Already registered? Login below to view) and click the blue ‘join’ button and follow the prompts. This will open up a new window with a recording of the webinar.
Fran Cole, Director Policy and Strategy, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
Fran Cole is the Director of Policy and Strategy at the NDIS Commission. She has nearly thirty years of experience in disability, including service delivery, policy, research, quality assurance, consulting, and program implementation in non-government organisations, the public and the private sector.
Fran has Masters’ degrees in Research (Law), Politics and Public Policy.
Laura Dorahy, National Director Complaints and Reportable Incidents
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
Laura has worked at
the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission since its establishment and has held
various roles including in the areas of compliance, complaints and reportable
Laura is currently the NDIS Commission’s National Director for Complaints and Reportable Incidents and has extensive experience in disability service provision across many service types, including accommodation, community participation and employment supports. Laura has also worked as a guardian at the NSW Office of the Public Guardian.
Kimberley Hibbert, National Manager Strategy and Workforce Development
Me Well (Mental Health and Wellbeing Australia)
With a career spent in both the corporate and not for profit sectors, Kim has a breadth of experience in strategy, operations, planning, performance and people focussed management. Most recently at Mental Health & Wellbeing Australia, Kim has focussed on working collaboratively with staff and stakeholders to develop, plan and implement positive change to the way NDIS services are delivered on a national basis.
As a key senior
leader within the business, Kim oversees business improvement, operational
excellence and workforce development initiatives across the organisation. In a
period of significant change for the psychosocial NDIS services sector, Kim
ensures Me Well is equipped to provide the ongoing quality of service Me Well
participants have come to expect.
For technical assistance, please email Redback Support or call 1800 733 416.
Your personal information will be commented for the purpose of this webinar only. Please contact the organisation hosting this event should you require details on your privacy right.